Poloniex Causes Customer Losses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poloniex Causes Customer Losses

I lost a couple hundred dollars today after Poloniex announced the delisting of many coins. I'm certain that other people lost thousands.

For me - it's time to really take a look at trading on other exchanges.

I forget why I even chose poloniex to trade cryptos... so, with their unstable market offerings causing massive trader losses - it's time to compare the others and find an exchange with more consideration for their customers.

Any suggestions?
    Trade on Binance - Check out this Crypto Tax Tool

I have been using Bittrex on the side,incredible markets like Polo interface better though, also lately Polos BTC price is insane compared to Bitstamp as I write this bitstamp 1204 polo 1267, but the coins are close to the same price on Bittrex.

Comment

Wait for decentralized exchange to be available

Comment

I use bittrex for 90% of my trades, they have never let me down in maybe 2-3 years using them. Very reliable.

Comment

i too have lost a great deal of money now on poloniex, but its the same with bittrex too, bittrex has many crap coins when compared to poloniex, i have lost some there too. aug 2015, dec 2015, aug 2016 and jan 2017 coins got delisted and now again in may. i expect they may again delist around aug or dec
        Last edited by lokeajit; 04-24-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

There was quite an uproar when Poloniex did the surprise delising, as many people were stung with big losses.

lokeajit says
          bittrex has many crap coins when compared to poloniex,
          I agree. It is one of the reasons that I focused trading on Poloniex to begin with.

I guess I'll have to always be prepared for those unexpectable events by having a well diversified set of coins - and, of course, I should be doing more fundamental analysis about the projects, their development and plans etc.

763107 says
          also lately Polos BTC price is insane compared to Bitstamp as I write this bitstamp 1204 polo 1267,
          This is a different issue - but really important. I was just reading about this bitcoin price divide between exchanges and how this is a similar beginning to the end of MtGox. Trouble with the flow between btc and usd indicates that something may be broken in one of these main exchanges - and, while we have not heard the news yet... the charts are already telling us.

Be prepared for more of the unexpected.

Trade on Binance - Check out this Crypto Tax Tool

Comment

Anyone using Whaleclub? Ive been using them besides Polo and they give you satoshis for comments in the trollbox as well as good price feeds. There are other markets to trade there as well. Oil, FX, and indexes. Happy so far.

Comment

Working...
            X