Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital currencies are a threat to the Canadian Economy

Wow - am I still in Canada Toto?

Did he say 'government intervention will be a requirement'?

Consequently, the report emphasizes that privately held digital currencies are a threat to the Canadian economy and that government intervention will be a requirement for both privately-issued and government-issued digital currencies.

https://www.ethnews.com/canada-seeks...tal-currenciesCanadian Bitcoin vendors that Buy and Sell bitcoin and ethereum online - I predict soon they will fall under the jurisdiction of the Central Bank of Canada.

• introtocryptos
    replied
    There is some additional conversation about this article on CoinForum.ca

https://coinforum.ca/discussion/3847...out-regulation

Canada has been behind the curve in uptake of bitcoin. And, I can appreciate there is a mildly tabloid angle to the headline, but it is a quote from the document, and a red flag for all bitcoin and cryptocurrency investors.

Leave a comment:

• Hebegeebe
    replied
    yes the paranoia is slowing down the growth of alt currencies in some circles, (older conservative types) and increasing with younger people. The headline of this post is one of the first things a member sees on the forum so its kind of misdirecting. For me I clicked on it but for others they wont read past the "Headline".

Leave a comment:

• introtocryptos
    replied
    Here are a few other sources talking about this report:

'Canadian Bank Notes and Dominion Notes: Lessons for Digital Currencies'

Bank of Canada: Digital Currencies Need Regulation to GrowR3 Admits Defeat, Stops Blockchain Development
    Joseph Young February 25, 2017

In another report

Leave a comment:

• Cointrader
    replied
    Power to the people!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X