Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The March Buy and Hold Altcoin Portfolio Competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The March Buy and Hold Altcoin Portfolio Competition.

Hey everyone, let's do another competition!

Back in January we ran a buy and hold competition and it was a lot of fun! Congrats again to glenn who beat the close second aolchandra and won a $100 prize! Now we're going to run it again but open it up to everyone on the forums to participate!

Here's how it works:

We each get a hypothetical 1.0 bitcoin to build our portfolio. At the end of the month of March, the winner will be the person who's portfolio is the highest in BTC. Last time lumbridgecity put up a $100 prize, so I have a sneaking suspicion he might offer this prize again. In addition to that, any earning from this steemit post will be the prize so be sure to head over and vote on it!

Now, here's some important RULES (please read):
    1. You each get 1 Bitcoin to buy alts with. Post a comment with the list of coins + the amount of your bitcoin you'd like to allocate to that coin. [For example: 0.2 btc worth of ETH, 0.2 btc worth of WTC, 0.2 btc worth of NEO, 0.2 btc worth of SYS, 0.1 worth of SUMO, 0.1 keep as BTC.]
    2. IMPORTANT: No more than 25% in any single coin, (except Bitcoin).
    3. Maximum of 6 different coins.
    4. One entry per person.
    5. You must comment your selections below before March 1st to be in the competition.
    6. Only coins that are listed on CoinMarketCap are eligible.
    7. Any unspent bitcoin will remain as bitcoin until the end.
    8. The portfolio that is worth the most in Bitcoin at the end will win!

Please post your portfolio allocations in BTC to make it easy for me to track. For example:
    0.25 ETH
    0.25 BTC
    0.25 WTC
    0.15 NEO
    0.10 SYS

After everyone has posted their allocations, I'll make all the hypothetical purchases at some point on March 1st and post all the final portfolio's. I'll be sure to update this post every week to show progress!

Since this comp is open to everyone, not just course graduates so please share it with your friends and let's get this competition heated up! (I'll cap at 25 or so in case it gets out of hand.)
    Last edited by davidvader; 02-26-2018, 12:51 AM.
    LTC: MGpTDpL9pmCoji8HZ9y7XtRjXqojv7LS8B
    My Steemit blog here.
    WATCH: A KuCoin Exchange explainer tutorial video

Indeed I did put up a $100 prize for the January competition, which was won by glenn - BUT - crypto prizes are limited to the lifetime members of the community who are willing to post their trades here in the public area of the forums.

My first priority is help those who have invested the time into practicing the chart patterns and the Risk Control Rules that set this community apart. And I want to encourage a thoughtful strategy to the position size, entry points, risk control of initial entry and the option to add on to successful trades.

AND - as we are approaching the relaunch of the website, and a new expanded free course coming up - we need more of the Lifetime Members to step forward as mentors to help new people take advantage of the most simple strategies.

We have a couple different approaches. Specific strategies.

I compare each strategy to different karate katas... they are systems to practice - forms to present as a measure of mastery of concepts.

Looking forward to it - I'll post my picks, and will be investing real bitcoin to back up my predictions.
    Trade on Binance - Check out this Crypto Tax Tool

Comment

Here is how free members can win real money (bitcoin).

We will have a POLL that you can vote on - you can pick who you think has the winning portfolio - and we will have rewards for those who pick the right one - and we will have MORE rewards for the winner too.

So - once you put up your picks - get people to vote for you!!

Comment

Fantatsic! Thanks for organising again David.
        The January Competition got me started with my new Crypto Portfolio following a break....
        Feels like I haven't stopped reading and looking at charts since :-)))

Lots of potential Internal 1,2,3 bottoms forming in many alts.... But my view is they could also go lower?? Who knows?

So...... I'm going with a fairly safe selection.

Etherium 0.25 Btc
        Litecoin 0.25 Btc
        Neo 0.25 Btc
        Ethos 0.125 Btc
        Walton 0.125 Btc

Good luck everyone!!!

Comment

Here's my portfolio:

0.25 BTC
          0.25 QSP
          0.25 CLAM
          0.25 KCS
          My Steemit blog here.

Comment

aolchandra ayrton get in and post your portfolio!
            My Steemit blog here.

Comment

After taking a smashing loss on my earlier MAID trade...

it is back into my portfolio for this competition. Again I am starting out with one bitcoin and buying those coins I am putting into this competition.

This morning I purchased the MAID, 25% of the coin will remain in BTC, and now I'm shopping chart patterns to find the next... four markets. I'll put about 0.175 btc into each.

Comment

• davidvader
                davidvader commented
                Editing a comment
                I like that you're actually buying up what you're buying in the comp!

• introtocryptos
                introtocryptos commented
                Editing a comment
                it is just TA if you don't put money down, it ain't real

No time to write the details on why I bought these - more to come.
              BELA Bela 7430.16759779 0.00000000 0.11970000 Deposit Withdraw
              BLK BlackCoin 3562.91118553 0.00000000 0.11632905 Deposit Withdraw
              BTC Bitcoin 0.30147761 0.00000000 0.30147761 Deposit Withdraw
              BTS BitShares 5510.91417253 0.00000000 0.11909085 Deposit Withdraw
              LTC Litecoin 6.04035077 0.00000000 0.11929692 Deposit Withdraw
              MAID MaidSafeCoin 6989.28871053 0.00000000 0.26070046 Deposit Withdraw
              NXC Nexium 162.98112182 0.00000000 0.00318791 Deposit Withdraw

BELA - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a984542b475e/
              BLK - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a984587ecbfb/
              BTC -
              BTS - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a9845a1bdb60/
              LTC - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a9845c0a6ea8/
              MAID - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a9845d82f2ed/
              NXC - https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a9845ed2ff9c/

See my Trading Journal in the Members Area for details on these trades and others
              Last edited by introtocryptos; 03-01-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• davidvader
                davidvader commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good, but the amounts of the coins may be slightly different as all purchases are made at the same time this evening. If prices are different that is.

• introtocryptos
                introtocryptos commented
                Editing a comment
                Through the day today I'll take the screenshots of the charts and write a bit of detail on what I expect from this month of buy-and-hold... and my actual trades through the month may not end up being straight buy and hold!

• introtocryptos
                introtocryptos commented
                Editing a comment
                One of these charts is not like the others! If you remove data on which coin is which, most of these charts look the same or very similar... the 1-2-3 bottom formation at the end of a down trend while resting at historically significant levels - WITH some additional trade volume that may finally indicate the next wave of the crypto market cap growth is nearly upon us.

However, LTC chart does not follow that pattern. I will need to watch the prices, and a breach of the potential top formation will cause me to close my position. This trade entry is a Swing Trade, and not a bottom formation play.

After the next wave of higher prices gets underway - the Swing Trade entry will be important.

Alright, all allocations have been collated. Not as many entries as I hoped but that's probably my fault since I didn't leave much time to enter (only a few days).

If you missed out, please join us for the April competition:

Coin Amount (in btc) Price Purchased (quantity of coin)
              LumbridgeCity BTC 0.300 1.00000000 0.300
              MAID 0.250 0.00003486 7171.543
              BTS 0.110 0.00002160 5092.593
              LTC 0.110 0.01957788 5.619
              BLK 0.110 0.00003241 3394.014
              BELA 0.110 0.00001536 7161.458
              NXC 0.010 0.00001906 524.659
              DavidVader BTC 0.250 1.00000000 0.250
              QSP 0.250 0.00002397 10429.704
              CLAM 0.250 0.00052734 474.077
              KCS 0.250 0.00039355 635.243
              Glenn ETH 0.250 0.08172556 3.059
              LTC 0.250 0.01957788 12.770
              NEO 0.250 0.01229681 20.330
              ETHOS 0.125 0.00038631 323.574
              WTC 0.125 0.00179428 69.666
              My Steemit blog here.

Comment

Latest update with 2 days to go!

Current value standing are as follows:

1st. LumbridgeCity 0.934
                2nd. Glenn 0.877
                3rd. David Vader 0.841
                My Steemit blog here.

Comment

woot! luck is with me - 'cause in these markets, it ain't skill.

My actual trades are quite different than the initial guesses - I closed many trades and have placed others... and I have been adding referral income to this account through the month and picking up more positions...

To my thinking - it will be a number of months before anything exciting starts in the crypto markets... much like the long difficult summer of 2015 - there was a lot of chop and no trend. There was more than six months of FUD and FOMO, FUD and FOMO before the markets started to take off in October of 2015.

AND SO - the most important thing to work on now? Building more content that will build a crypto audience... Providing the free course to GIVE something of value and build trust with the thousands of people who have been burned by ICO, scammed by Pump and Dump groups, were unsuccessful at trading the 5 minute bars - and simply lost money by following twitter advice.

Comment

Comment

- I agree with this. Most of the market did worse.

- Good tech ? value in an over excited market.

I must say, I'm strangely enjoying the anxiety of most people in the market. I've been through it all before!

My Steemit blog here.

Comment

I believe everyone can see the chart patterns and draw the lines - but the strategy of acting on a 1-2-3 bottom with Rule 1 and 2 - needs to be experienced before that knowledge becomes belief that you act on.

Over time, the conglomerate waves of conversation on Twitter will be mapped in a 3D visual representation of emotion within any one topic stream. Say we want to view the sentiment of people who follow the teams for the world cup! It would show all ranges of the human emotion spectrum, and precisely map it to events like goals and penalties.

And so we have seen in just the past four or five months in the crypto sphere. Imagine the spectrum of joy and enthusiasm just before Christmas, all the way to the emotion of the conversation now.

Comment

Here are the final results!

Congrats lumbridgecity! You win the prize yourself - be sure to spend it on something nice! As for the $12 or so SBD collected on my steem post, I can either send that via a crypto, or I can spend it on some bots for your posts. Let me know your preference.

Here are the final results.

LumbridgeCity 0.911
                          David Vader 0.839
                          Glenn 0.748

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	3824

I'm going to skip running a competition on here in April - will run another one in May, (doing it every 2nd month). However, if either of your want to join my Facebook group competition, join this group and post a comment under this post.
                          My Steemit blog here.

Comment

Working...
                          X