This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself

What brings you to the Digital Currency Traders moderated forums?

How did you get involved in Cryptocurrencies?

Share something about your approach.

Ask your biggest questions.
    Trade on Binance - Check out this Crypto Tax Tool

I'll start by sharing My Short Story

My studies of trading began in 1995 when I was learning to read commodities price charts. From 2009 to 2012 I practiced my trading plan, made videos, wrote out my trading plan - eventually created a course and I taught thousands of gamers how to read chart patterns with basic technical analysis.

In 2015 I discovered cryptos and the mission restarted - with dedication. I wrote out my trading plan and started a regular video journal and forum journal of all of my trades. From 2015 to 2016, my money in bitcoin grew by ten times. From 2016 to 2017, my money in cryptos grew by ten times again, and through 2017 my money incryptos did better than ten times growth.

This has resulted in me paying more in taxes for 2017 than I earned in some years! Now I'm focused on teaching others what I needed to learn, before I started to have consistent success in trading.

Last edited by introtocryptos; 04-17-2018, 06:43 PM.
    Trade on Binance - Check out this Crypto Tax Tool

Comment

Hi Doug,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to cryptos. I dabbled with them a bit in the early 2000s, but largely forgot about them after Mt. Gox - until early last year. There was a lot of talk about Litecoin and Ethereum and I was very interested to find out that there were other cryptocurrencies other than BTC. Little did I know, alts existed even during Mt. Gox years, I just missed it all. I purchased one of your courses and learned a good bit, but I hope to learn yet more here.
      The biggest question I have is how to structure my trades in terms of individual size, as well as whether I should be placing a few top notch trades or diversify into numerous pretty solid positions.

Comment

• introtocryptos
        introtocryptos commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello and welcome z101 - glad to have you along in the forums. Every course membership is lifetime, and I have upgraded your account to access all the The Simple Trading Plan case studies and the personal trading journals area!

Glad to hear you have learned a good bit from the course! The next run of the course will be coming soon, and you'll gain access to all the updates!

As for structuring your current trading plan, be sure to watch the 'Popcorn Trading Strategy' Video from November of 2017, and follow along with the charts today. This should give you some strategies for assessing the charts today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUJDOH7w0Wg

Great to have you aboard!

Doug
    Working...
    X